Ramadan 2011- شهر رمضان ٢٠١١
- Recipe for Lentil Soup:
- -1 cup red lentils-washed and drained
- -Cut up the following vegetables into big pieces:
- 2 onions- 2 potatoes- Few carrots- Optional, you may use a small bunch of spinach or few pieces of tomatoes. You may modify these recipes to your liking by using different kinds of lentils or adding more vegetables to the soup.
- 2 more ingredients.....
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Rooh Afza syrup (Hamdard brand)
- 4 more ingredients.....
Indian Summer Falooda Float
- 1-2 scoops Haagen Dazs Pistachio Ice cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Rooh Afza Rose syrup (from any Indian Grocery store)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (cold)
- 1/2 cup chilled plain Seltzer
- 6 more ingredients.....
Rose-swirled White Chocolate Bark
- 16 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups salted, roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup Rooh Afza syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups sweet flaked coconut
Javanese Chicken Curry (opor Ayam)
- For the flavor paste:
- 1T coriander seeds (I had none, so I used ground coriander)
- 1 fresh red, long chili (such as Fresno, Holland or cayenne) stemmed and chopped
- 5 oz shallots (about 6 of them), peeled and chopped
- 13 more ingredients.....
Ramadans for Iftar
Ramadan Chicken Rice Kanji or Porridge – Ramadan Kanji
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Onion, chopped small- 1
- Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Green chili, chopped- 1
- 18 more ingredients.....
Ramadan Nombu Kanji
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove
- ½ inch piece cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 10 more ingredients.....
Same Chicken Filling and Make Many Snacks – Ramadan Snacks
- Chicken breasts, chopped small- 2 breasts
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- ⅛ tsp
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- 9 more ingredients.....
Ramadan Recipe: Keema/minced Lamb Filling for Samosas, Spring Rolls, Parathas Etc
- 1.2 kg minced meat
- oil (as needed)
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 7 more ingredients.....