Ramadan 2011- شهر رمضان ٢٠١١
- Recipe for Lentil Soup:
- -1 cup red lentils-washed and drained
- -Cut up the following vegetables into big pieces:
- 2 onions- 2 potatoes- Few carrots- Optional, you may use a small bunch of spinach or few pieces of tomatoes. You may modify these recipes to your liking by using different kinds of lentils or adding more vegetables to the soup.
- 2 more ingredients.....
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Rooh Afza syrup (Hamdard brand)
- 4 more ingredients.....
Rose-swirled White Chocolate Bark
- 16 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups salted, roasted pistachios
- 1/4 cup Rooh Afza syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups sweet flaked coconut
Indian Summer Falooda Float
- 1-2 scoops Haagen Dazs Pistachio Ice cream
- 2-3 tablespoons Rooh Afza Rose syrup (from any Indian Grocery store)
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (cold)
- 1/2 cup chilled plain Seltzer
- 6 more ingredients.....
Javanese Chicken Curry (opor Ayam)
- For the flavor paste:
- 1T coriander seeds (I had none, so I used ground coriander)
- 1 fresh red, long chili (such as Fresno, Holland or cayenne) stemmed and chopped
- 5 oz shallots (about 6 of them), peeled and chopped
- 13 more ingredients.....
Ramadans for Iftar
Creamy Rice Porridge or Ramadan Kanji
- Rice-1 cup (Ponni or Sona Massori or Par boiled Rice)
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tsp
- Garlic minced- 1 tsp
- Salt- ½ tsp
- 7 more ingredients.....
Ramadan Special Lentil Dumplings
- 1/2 cup split peas
- pink lentils
- 1 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 5 more ingredients.....
Ramadan Nombu Kanji, Ganji Recipe
- 1 cup rice, (any kind of rice will do, but I prefer using the basmati for it's nice fragrant aroma)
- 1/4 cup moong dal (or masoor dal)
- 2 tbsp oil or ghee
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 22 more ingredients.....
Ramadan Recipe: Hot Cumin Spiced Potato Filling for Samosas, Spring Rolls, Parathas, Etc.
- 1.3 kg potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 0.5 head garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 10 more ingredients.....