Ma Po Doufu
- 1 tbsp (about 15gm) finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red chilli (about 4 birdseye, or to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic (about 2½ cloves)
- 2 tbsp chilli bean paste
- 15 more ingredients.....
Ma Po Doufu
- 600 gm tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine (see note)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 12 more ingredients.....
Peking Duck and Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- ½ Chinese roast duck, shredded
- 60 ml (¼ cup) hoisin
- 60 ml (¼ cup) plum sauce
- 16 slices soft white bread, to serve
- 3 more ingredients.....
Stir-fried Greens with Char Siu
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, cut into julienne
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 gm firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 8 more ingredients.....
- 500 gm pork neck or shoulder
- 160 gm (½ cup) hoisin sauce
- 120 gm (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 tbsp each light soy sauce and Shaoxing wine
- 4 more ingredients.....
Hot and Sour Soup
- 150 gm lean pork or chicken, julienned
- 1.5 litres chicken stock
- 1 clove of garlic, bruised
- 2 cm piece ginger, bruised
- 16 more ingredients.....
Char Siu Bao
- 30 gm caster sugar
- ¾ tsp dried yeast
- 220 gm low-protein flour or plain flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 21 more ingredients.....
Char Siu Pork with Egg Noodles (keong Chung Cha Siu Lo Mein)
- 210 gm fresh thin egg noodles, shaken to loosen
- 60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
- 3 spring onions (white part only), cut into julienne
- 30 gm ginger, cut into julienne
- 5 more ingredients.....
David Thompson's Hot and Sour Soup of Red Snapper with Turmeric
- 100 gm (about 6) red shallots, peeled and bruised
- 80 gm (about 6) cherry tomatoes, crushed
- 2 lemongrass stalks (white part only)
- 10 gm galangal, thinly sliced
- 20 more ingredients.....
Char Siu-glazed Leg Ham
- 1 smoked leg ham (7kg-8kg), bone in, skin removed, fat very lightly scored
- Buttered soft milk rolls, pickled cucumber and pork floss (optional; see note), to serve
- Char siu marinade
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 11 more ingredients.....
Char Siu Pork Ssam with Creamed Chilli Bean Tofu
- 4 small radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 200 gm silken tofu, coarsely chopped
- 1½ tbsp chilli bean paste, or to taste (see note)
- 10 more ingredients.....
Poached Pork and Garlic Chive Dumplings Jiu Cai Jiaozi
- 250 gm fatty minced pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp very finely shredded ginger
- ½ cup coarsely chopped garlic chives
- 7 more ingredients.....